Donations to Türkiye and Syria
The dire humanitarian situation in areas where earthquakes have shook Türkiye and Syria can have devastating consequences for students from these areas. We want to raise awarness and support the affected. Beneath you can find options to donate money for the victims of the earthquakes:
- Turkish Philanthropy Funds (TPF) is a reputable umbrella organization for a number of active and effective NGOs during disaster times https://donate.tpfund.org/campaign/tpf-turkiye-earthquake/c465112
- There are impact reports and high levels of transparency. Donations are tax deductible and potentially matched by employers.
- For the UK, Mozaik Foundation https://turkeymozaik.org.uk/ is also a reputable NGO.
- On the government side, AFAD (Ministry of Interior’s Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency):
- https://en.afad.gov.tr/earthquake-campaign is the main agency.
Trusted local NGOs providing relief on the ground are:
- Ahbap (“Friend”): https://ahbap.org/disasters-turkey
- AKUT (Emergency Search and Rescue): https://www.akut.org.tr/en/donation